A Simple Gesture is a door-to-door food collection program that will provide a steady supply of food to the neediest families in Norwell…with your help.
Three Simple Steps:
- Each week when you go shopping , but one extra non- perishable food item
- Store it in your cool, green bag.
- On the second Saturday of every other month, a volunteer will pick up the bag, leave another bag in its place, and take the filled bag to the Norwell Food Pantry.
It’s that simple. You buy one extra non-perishable food item; we take care of the rest.
Our next 2 pickups:September 9 and November 19th
How to join A Simple Gesture – Norwell. Just tell us who you are, where you live, and how we can remind you: Sign up now
There are three ways to help:
- Share food: Ask for a cool, green bag. We estimate that for every 300 people who participate, we will collect one additional ton of food a month. And it all starts with you.
- Drive – to pickup bags in your neighborhood. Once every two months, on a Saturday, help pick up the green bags and bring to the food pantry.
- Sort food.- When our driver volunteers bring full bags to the Food Pantry, we need to check expiration dates, sort and shelve. A couple hours on a Saturday morning on a fun helpful team,
See our local sponsors who helped make this whole project possible