A Simple Gesture is a door-to-door food collection program that will provide a steady supply of food to the neediest families in Norwell…with your help.
Our next pickup – Saturday, January 13th
Three Simple Steps:
- Each week when you go shopping, buy one extra non-perishable food item.
- Store it in your cool, green bag.
- On the second Saturday of every other month (actual dates at bottom of this page), a volunteer driver will pick up the bag, leave another bag in its place, and take the filled bag to the Norwell Food Pantry.
It’s that simple. You buy one extra non-perishable food item; we take care of the rest.
Our next pickup: January 13th. Here’s what the Food Pantry needs for our next pickup.
How to join A Simple Gesture – Norwell. Just tell us who you are, where you live, and how we can remind you: Sign up now!
- Share food: Ask for a cool, green bag. We estimate that for every 300 people who participate, we will collect one additional ton of food a month. And it all starts with you.
- Drive – to pickup bags in your neighborhood. Once every two months, on a Saturday morning (roughly 8AM – 10AM), help pick up the green bags and bring to the food pantry at Town Hall.
- Sort food.- When our driver volunteers bring full bags to the Food Pantry, we need to check expiration dates, sort and shelve. A couple hours on a Saturday morning on a fun helpful team, (Check out the energy in this picture below)
If you help local organizations financially, we hope you’ll think of A Simple Gesture – Norwell, too, and donate to defray some of our expenses. See our local sponsors who helped make this whole project possible, including most recently the Women’s Club of Norwell who also runs Norwell SummerFest.
If you would like to set up a Simple Gesture in YOUR town, it’s easy: here’s our timetable on how we did it in about 9 months from concept to first pickup.