You Want to Help. We Want to Make it Easy.
A Simple Gesture is a door-to-door food collection program that will provide a steady supply of food to the neediest families in Norwell…with your help.
There are three ways to help:
- Share food: Ask for a cool, green bag. We estimate that for every 100 people who participate, we will collect $2,500 of donated food for our neighbors who need our help. It all starts with you.
- Drive for us – to pick up bags in your neighborhood. Once every two months, on a Saturday morning (roughly 8AM – 10AM), help pick up the green bags and bring to the food pantry at Town Hall. This Fall we have a particular need for new drivers… contact us if you can take a neighborhood
- Sort food.- When our driver volunteers bring full bags to the Food Pantry, we need to check expiration dates, sort and shelve. It’s a couple hours on a Saturday morning with a fun team,
Our next pickup – Saturday, September 8th
Here’s what the Food Pantry needs for our next pickup.
Simple Steps to donate to the Norwell Food Pantry through A Simple Gesture:
- Each week when you go shopping, buy one extra non-perishable food item.
- Store it in your cool, green bag.
- On the second Saturday of every other month (check actual dates at bottom of this page), a volunteer driver will pick up the bag from your doorstep, leave an empty cool green bag in its place, and take the filled bag to the Norwell Food Pantry.
It’s that simple. You buy one extra non-perishable food item when you shop; we take care of the rest.
How to join A Simple Gesture – Norwell.
Just tell us who you are, where you live, and email so we can remind you: Sign up now!
Volunteers help check expiration dates, sort, and shelve food.
If you help local organizations financially, we hope you’ll think of A Simple Gesture – Norwell, too, and donate to defray some of our expenses. See our local sponsors who helped make this whole project possible, including most recently the Women’s Club of Norwell.
If you would like to set up a Simple Gesture in YOUR town, it’s easy: here’s our timetable on how we did it in about 9 months from concept to first pickup.